Corporate Counsel - Legal Compliance
Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
At T-Mobile, we strongly encourage everyone, including people of color, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, and parents to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self-starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBTQ employee by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row. A designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index, our diversity across gender, race and ideas drives us forward.
The Un-carrier seeks a highly motivated, hardworking attorney to join its network compliance team.
The Corporate Counsel, Legal Compliance will help administer our Enterprise-wide environmental compliance programs and assist with other network compliance programs. A successful candidate will be ready to jump into action, working closely with the wider network compliance team and legal and business partners to provide practical, strategic legal guidance and design and implement creative solutions to complex challenges
What you’ll do in your role:
- Acting as a subject matter expert for complex environmental matters, you will be a key resource for driving the overall legal framework for environmental compliance and continuously improving compliance processes and procedures.
- Provide legal advice, creatively solve problems, and guide internal business clients in managing compliance with the broad range of state and federal environmental regulations, including the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and the Emergency Planning Community Right-to-Know Act.
- Advise internal clients and transactional attorneys regarding strategies for risk assessment and management in real estate and other transactions.
- Work with the network compliance team on other network compliance programs, including those pertaining to laws and regulations administered by the Federal Communications Commission.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations a plus.
The experience you’ll bring.
Minimum Qualifications: While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- JD with at least two (2) years of experience
- A solution-oriented attitude, a bias for action, the sophistication to interact with client teams at all levels, and a deep curiosity that drives you to dive into and help solve complex issues.
- Must be a tenacious, highly motivated self-starter able to multi-task in a dynamic environment.