Retail Customer Care-Remote East Coast Only
Only Candidates in the following states will be considered: NC, VA, GA, SC, WV, MD, PA and FL.
Pay: $14.75 per hour
Virtual - Retail Customer Care Phone Support Operator
The Retail Customer Care Phone Support Operator is considered the front-line representative, providing best in class service to our customers and store team members. This individual will answer incoming phone calls, return voicemails and respond to emails. The Retail Customer Care Phone Support Operator is primarily responsible for locating proof of purchase for items bought in store, assists with return/exchange refusals, experiences within a store location and partnering with our store leadership via email and phone to resolve opportunities. The Retail Customer Care Phone Support Operator is able to provide resolutions to most concerns or partner with our store team members to find the best resolution for the customer. The operator is also tasked with navigating through many computer applications with speed and accuracy to provide timely customer resolutions. The major directive is to successfully serve our Customers and store Team Members better than anyone and assist them in the proper handling of questions, concerns and procedural opportunities. Our extensive training program provides analysts with the tools they need to make judgment calls in the moment to offer exceptional customer service with their own style.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains composure while de-escalating customer issues
- Maintains and updates customers information in a case management system
- Close sales, upsell and process credit card payments
- Provide first level website technical support
- Follows up on outstanding items to issue completion
- Document each customer interaction in a case management system
- Meet or exceed company set targets for calls/chats handled, Team KPIs, customer satisfaction score, adhering to schedule and QA scores
- Provide guidance through the Advance Auto Parts in-store shopping experience
- Partner with other departments and store team members to resolve customers concerns
- Responsible for working incoming cases
- Provide knowledgeable answers to questions about company policies and procedures
- Maintain Advance Auto Parts product and policy knowledge
- Notify business partners of potential opportunities taken place within a store location
- Complete training courses by company set due date
- Excellent written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Typing speed of at least 45 words per minute
- Must be available to work any shift between Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm EST or until queue is cleared for closing shifts.
- Must be available to work holidays. We are closed on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.
- Must thrive and be adaptable to an ever-changing fast pace environment
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work well with other departments, peers and business partners
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify operational problems, recommend optimum solutions and follow through to resolution
- Must be available to attend entire paid training class
- Pass Background Check
Location Eligibility: You must live in one of the following states to be eligible for this role.
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
What does Advance have to offer you?
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with competitive company match
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Opportunity for overtime
- Special Recognition awards
- Opportunity for growth and promotion
- Career Path Opportunities: Most of our trainers, quality control coaches, managers and leaders began their career as Customer Service Operator
- Employee Discount Program
- Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Medical and Dental Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company paid Life insurance
- Company paid short & long term disability insurance
- Annual increase based on performance
- Positive work environment
- Team Member Networks available
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Military Leave, Jury Duty and Bereavement Pay
- Paid Disability Leave Due to Childbirth and Paid Parental Bonding Leave
- Visit our benefits website to view the many other benefits we offer: https://www.advanceautoparts.jobs/en-US/page/benefits
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and
- Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Call Center or Customer Service experience preferred but not required
- French/English or Spanish/English desired but not required
- Automotive Knowledge desired but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
None Required, ASE preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
California Residents click below for Privacy Notice: