** Seeking multiple Plant Mechanic IIs across the DMV**
The Plant Mechanic II works as part of the Plant Maintenance team to perform preventive maintenance, and proactively identify and repair issues with our fixed and portable plants. The Plant Mechanic II has specific knowledge and experience on Plant operating and structural systems and can manage and execute mid- to large-scale maintenance and repair projects on his/her own. Incumbents may take additional training and gain on-the-job experience to grow into the Plant Mechanic III position.
Day-to-day JD: Diagnose and repair a wide variety of fixed mechanical equipment, systems, and machinery such as valves, motors, and pumps. Maintain crushers, conveyor belts, pulleys, pumps, screens, and screen bearings.
Shift: Mon-Fri 7-3 PM plus OT
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Practice and promote safety in such a way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, and utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Adhere to all Company Safety, Environmental, Compliance, Human Resources and Plant policies and procedures.
• Prioritize repairs based on business need within scope of control
• Prior to undertaking any diagnosis or repair, conduct a job safety analysis to identify and isolate any hazards such as energy (lock-out, tag-out), working at heights, confined spaces, etc.
• Always ensure all safety guards are on equipment when it is energized
• Perform daily preventive maintenance activities on mechanical equipment and parts as required.
• Routinely walk the plant to inspect systems in need of repair or replacement. Inspects and reports the condition of machinery for items needing repair or service.
• Communicate with Plant Management on a daily basis to discuss items in need of repair.
• Read and interpret technical manuals.
• Operates fixed and mobile equipment when competent and task trained, as necessary.
• Diagnose mechanical problems and perform repair and maintenance to stationary production machinery, including, but not limited to, batch plants, motors, conveyors, elevators and drives.
• Rebuild or fabricate parts; repair electrical equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.