Retail Department Supervisor
All 1,000 of our Marshalls stores embrace discovery, from designer luggage to statement shoes. Our assortment of brands is always changing, but our mission to provide the surprises that make the everyday a little more fun is unwavering. Just like working here. Everyone encourages each other and embraces the excitement that can come with change. Each shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different.
Opportunity: Contribute To The Growth Of Your Career.
Responsible for executing receiving and merchandising standards while ensuring Associates are processing efficiently and effectively, and working as a team. Ensures an excellent customer experience by engaging and interacting with all customers, and maintaining a clean and organized store.
- Role models exceptional customer service
- Creates a positive internal and external customer experience
- Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
- Orchestrates truck delivery, prioritizing the processing of merchandise onto the sales floor
- Takes an active role in training and mentoring Associates on established merchandising and processing principals using appropriate company resources and tools
- Ensures merchandise is properly tagged, hung, secured, and coded per company guidelines
- Communicates with the Coordinator on Duty to ensure efficient flow of goods to sales floor
- Ensures Associates complete tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; prioritizes as needed
- Monitors and measures productivity of team and coaches as necessary
- Organizes and rotates back stock for easy replenishment
- Maintains and upholds merchandising philosophy and signage standards
- Maintains all organizational, cleanliness and recovery standards for the backroom area according to established company procedures
- Ensures compliance with recycling and, where applicable, hazardous waste programs
- Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides periodic progress updates
- Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
- Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
- Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who We Are Looking For: You!
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs, including nights and weekends
- Superior organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to train others
- One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
A Few More Reasons to Love TJX.
- Competitive Compensation
- Weekly Paychecks
- Associate Discount
- Career development opportunities
- TAAP – TJX Associate Assistance Programs
- Be a part of an inclusive team
- Flexible work schedules
Benefit programs and eligibility terms vary across our global locations. We encourage you to apply to learn more about how our benefits can make a difference for you.
We’re reinventing retail and helping people discover that next find that’s going to be their new signature look. You can be a part of their journey to look amazing.
Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different. In fact, that’s what it’s like throughout the entire TJX family, which includes TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Similar jobs near me
- Exploring the Income Potential of an Insurance Underwriter
- Understanding the Role of an Underwriter in Insurance
- Navigating the Job Market: Tips for Insurance Underwriters
- Unemployment Insurance: Understanding Financial Support for Job Loss
- Navigating the Education Requirements for a Career as an Insurance Underwriter