Mid-Level Security Engineer | Remote
Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $47.50 - 52.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Perform the planning, design, implementation and Level 3 support of IT Security solutions related to data-at-rest encryption while onboarding new applications to the enterprise encryption services.
- Support the security risk assessment of applications and infrastructure; including remediation of incident response, vulnerability analysis and threat intelligence.
- Provide technical guidance, develop design documents, perform product installation, upgrades and certification, implementation plan, deployment and troubleshooting support.
- Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for issues related to key and certificate management and data-in-transit.
- Ensure consistent delivery of superior technical solutions.
- Champion technology and tools change that improves delivery processes.
- Act as an agent for change to reflect the latest data encryption management standards in new technologies and tools.
- Serve as an enterprise subject matter expert (SME) and advocate of IT Security standards and reference architectures related to data-at-rest encryption management.
- Coordinate with Information Security team to ensure solution assurance and compliance to security policy, procedures, standards and baseline security configurations.
- Provide training for clients in use of the key and certificate management and access request systems and automated environments.
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders to implement data-at-rest encryption and upgrade goals, determine security requirements, design and implement solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Execute enterprise-wide data encryption management governance processes in collaboration with Information Security and Enterprise Architecture to adequately plan, communicate and deploy enterprise configurations as new data encryption and key management standards are adopted.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Protect and secure company resources in the cloud, virtual and physical infrastructures.
- Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat landscape and predict impact of changing technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of professional IT experience with implementation and administration of any database and folder-level data encryption solution.
- Additional 1+ year(s) of experience with implementation and administration of any data encryption and key management security tools and/or cloud services a plus.
- Experience with System Administration basics with Linux (CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server (and associated technologies such as Active Directory and Exchange).
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in Linux and public cloud environments.
- Experience with basic troubleshooting (network commands, cURL or related).
- Knowledge of AWS cryptography, encryption and key management best practices and policies.
- Knowledge of Vormetric Data Encryption platform.
- Knowledge of industry leading cloud-based solutions and available native services
- Experience implementing AWS cryptography, encryption and key management best practices and policies.
- Experience with scripting tools to automate routine tasks using scripting languages including but not limited to PowerShell and bash scripting.
- Exposure to various operating systems - UNIX, Linux, Windows
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors